Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Monday & Tuesday

Monday

We decided since it was Labor Day and many places wouldn’t be open that we would head to the zoo! This is us in front of the entrance. We did a bunch of walking here. I thought surely this would be a huge zoo, but we were a little disappointed!
The Asia Elephants! Can you believe they didn’t even have an African Elephant? And we never found the giraffes? I guess they didn’t have any… We did get to see a tiger get sick and yell for his mom! Lol. He was not very happy about being sick.

After seeing the Sea Lions and Seals we decided to head to Chinatown.
I have to say this is the only place we felt “scared” in DC! It was not anything like what I was familiar with in Thailand. I was hoping it would have a Thai style market. But no luck. So we had a shake at Fuddruckers (our favorite burger place) and headed back to the Metro for our hotel.

This night was sushi night!!!!! I had been waiting all vacation for this outing! We both agreed that it was the best meal of the entire trip! It had the sushi bar and traditional Japanese tables with pillows to sit on! It was such a cool restaurant.

On the way back we decided to video a street musician that we had seen a few nights before. It's amazing what people can do with buckets, trash cans, and shopping carts!

Tuesday

We decided to sleep in and then head out for lunch DC’s local Paneraesk restaurant, Cosi. It was pretty good and not too expensive! Then we walked to Borders books. When we were searching for Glenn Beck’s book we got the pleasure of hearing a man decide to fart super loud twice! Goodness people have no manners! I thought it might have been the chair that he was sitting on making the noise but Kelly knew otherwise! We had to walk away cause farts are funny, and we definitely couldn’t contain our laughter!

They we began our trek to the Amtrak station to head back to Baltimore for our Flight! We were not quite ready to return to reality, but we were missing our puppy! Of course you know grandparents they always spoil their granddogs!!! After returning we figured out just how spoiled she was. We quickly returned to training!

That's the end of our trip together! Hope you enjoyed it!

We'll be back soon with updates on our everyday lives! With school starting back we've been pretty busy!

No comments: