Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our trip to Lincoln/Sloan

Well we headed up last Friday for the Husker v Baylor Game! We stayed in a hotel (they didn't mention it was across from a prison and next to a bar). Guess I should have known better given the price and availability! Oh well I brought blankets for the bed just in case. The hotel wasn't bad just the noise outside! Saturday morning we dropped off Kali at Camp Bow Wow for doggie daycare and headed to Mace & Carrie's House for breakfast. We had a great time hanging out with her 2 little ones! Lauren wanted to watch Kali on the Doggie Camp Cam! After breakfast we bundled up and headed to downtown Lincoln for a little Husker Shopping with Kody and Jill. It was really fun. We met this guy that is such a fan he tattoo'd Nebraska on his fingers! Ouch. Our ring tattoos hurt bad enough. Anyway... the game was a lot of fun and everyone was excited and happy to be in Memorial Stadium.

The scene in Lincoln after the first Husker touchdown!



The gang at the game!

After the game we headed to a few more stores and then picked up a Runza! Then it was off to get Kali and head to Sloan. We arrived around 7:30pm and were excited to see Natalie and Kade and the parents of course! It's amazing how much kids change. Sunday we went to church at Community Church of Christ where Emery preaches and Kody and Jill got to attend too (Kody didn't have to preach in Anthon) That was nice to be all together! After church we headed to HuHot for lunch. I know what you are thinking HuHot what kinda place is named that? Well just to clarify it's a mongolian bbq place. It was really good. Kelly and I made ours with a peanut curry sauce that reminded me of Satay sauce! I was proven wrong in my assumption! It was decided that Sunday night would be family game night. I guess I've never played downhill of Kelly but he is ruthless at dominoes. We had a few moments of intense fellowship! lol. I had no idea what a competitive gamer he is! Next time I'm going to make sure I get to play ahead of him! It was a great night of family and fun. Sharon got a cricut expression so we all had to help her learn how to use it. It is so amazing. I wish I had one for cards and scrapbooking. Maybe Santa will bring me one!


The adult Killian's at breakfast!

Monday morning we had breakfast at Emery and Sharon's with Kody, Jill, and kids. Before we ate we fed the kids and saw them off to the bus. It was really fun to see them excited to go to school. I remember those days...

Kelly and Cristi & Natalie and Kade

The kids walking to the bus! Single file line, so disciplined!

What is that? Is that Sharon holding a dog?! My goodness what a shocker! Kali enjoyed being held like a baby by Grandma, she went right to her!

After breakfast Kelly, Kali, and I piled in the car and headed out of town and back to reality! Of course in 3:45 would come way to early the next morning on the way to the airport.


Here we are exhausted and tired of being couped up in a car!

Apparently we weren't the only tired ones!

No comments: